Welcome
Welcome to polkovnikproductions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Hello and a quick question

A place to post anything not specifically relating to any of my sets of rules

Hello and a quick question

Postby baz baziah » Tue May 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Hi folks,
My name is Jim and I'm from Liverpool England. I have been building several armies for Impetus and also working on some fantasy rules for the same -more akin to Tolkeins world than GW fantasy. However I'm getting a little put off with the constant changing of rules to suit one army list over another and the sniping at 15mm players. However I am not hear to moan about another set of rules!
On a connected note to the above I have been looking for anoher set of rules to use that won't require me to debase all my figures and came across your rules. Even better you also have a set of fantasy rules as well !
So finally on to my question do I need both sets of rules or can I play ancients and fantasy with just the new fantasy set or will I require both?
PDF copies would also be nice as space is a bit of a premium in my man cave!!
Jim
baz baziah

Re: Hello and a quick question

Postby Polkovnik » Wed May 24, 2017 7:26 pm

Hi Jim

You will only need the fantasy rules, as you can play historic games with the fantasy rules by ignoring the fantasy bits.

No pdf at present I'm afraid though.

I'm just over the water from Liverpool - If you want a trial game and can get over to the Wirral then let me know and we'll sort something out.

Mark
Polkovnik
Site Admin

Postby baz baziah » Wed May 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Mark,
Thank you for the offer and the info. What partof the Wirral are you from?

Jim
baz baziah

Postby Polkovnik » Thu May 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Hi Jim

I live in Meols (near Hoylake).

Mark
Polkovnik
Site Admin

Postby baz baziah » Sat May 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Nice part of the world. I'm in sunny Anfield!!
Do you go to the Liverpool wargames club in the city centre?

Jim
baz baziah

Postby baz baziah » Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:22 pm

Went along to Phalanx today and picked up a copy of the rules (fantasy only) and like what I have read so far. Are there no minimums and maximums for troop types in the army lists -both historical and fantasy or am I missing something?

Phalanx was a little disapointing with what appeared to be more participation games than traiders and of those traiders that were there the selection wasn't that fantastic. On the up side it did save a bit on my wallet!

Jim
baz baziah

Postby MervynDouglas » Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:02 pm

There are in the historical lists (the last column, C1 etc), but there are no limitations in the fantasy lists. Being fantasy the troop types are just guidelines anyway, you can make your armies up as you see fit. If like me you are into Lord of the Rings then obviously you'll be using the books (and maybe even the films!) for guidance!
Never been to the northern shows (being in East Anglia), but many shows now seem to have a preponderance of participation games. I dont mind that, especially if you get to try out a new set of rules that you fancy, but lack of traders would certainly be a disappointment.
MervynDouglas

Postby baz baziah » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:25 am

Hi there,
I got the rules for both historical and fantasy use but haven't looked closely at all the army lists yet. I guess I should have looked more closely at both before asking a silly question!!
Middle earth is the main reason for wanting the fantasy rules but as I'm not into "magic" on the battlefield I only wanted the rules for large units like dragons, trolls and the like.
I would be interested in discussing any middle earth lists you may have as I have begun to develop my own based on some old DBM ones.

Jim
baz baziah

Return to General Stuff